Frontiir is looking for well-qualified, hands-on Data Center Staff Systems Engineer to perform the following functions:
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure (BSD, Linux, Windows) to support support core ISP and ubiquitous Value Add services, and mobile application targeted to serve beyond tens of millions of consumers and businesses.
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and tools
- Work with RnD team to plan system resources, deploy new systems and upgrades
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Participate in the design of B/OSS
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting UNIX /Linux based environments.
- Solid experience in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks (e.g.,Apache, NGINX)
- Experience with virtualization and containerization (e.g., VMware, Xen)
- Experience with monitoring systems (Cacti, Nagios, Syslog, Observium, Zabbix, and SIEM solutions)
- Experience with automation software (e.g., Puppet, cfengine, Chef)
- Solid scripting skills (e.g., BASH, Perl, Ruby, Python)
- Solid networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP, Various Ethernet protocols)
- Good command of English
- Myanmar national or Myanmar speaking preferred. Must work in Myanmar.
- Must be a solid team player with attention to details
Frontiir develops innovative and disruptive software solutions to enable affordable broadband and value add services to consumers and businesses in Myanmar. We have built a world-class engineering team with expertise spanning across all 7 layers in the OSI stack. Our products are patent pending and integrate a variety of bleeding edge open source technologies to deliver WiFi broadband and value-add services with performance, flexibility and reliability that leapfrogs 3G/4G networks and beyond. Within a span of 2 years of production service, our network has served over 300k customers and has become the #1 fastest growing high-tech and service provider company in Myanmar.
How to Apply
If this role is of interest to you, please email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject line “Application for Data Center Staff Systems Engineer”, including a recent copy of your CV.