The position is responsible for the scheduled and unscheduled maintenance of company vehicles and other support vehicles to ensure the safe and economic al usage of vehicles.
- Analyze maintenance costs and provide recommendations on fleet utilization and replacement.
- Track fleet usage and maintain accurate inventory of equipment.
- Assist in the development of maintenance budget by providing input relative to policy, costs and established metrics.
- Ensure the maintenance records for fleet are accurate and up-to-date.
- Negotiate service agreements to ensure cost efficiencies.
- Complete performance reviews of staff and jointly determine areas of development and training requirements.
- Communicate maintenance requirements to ensure maximum efficiency and implement correction actions as required.
- Participate in the recruitment and selection of maintenance personnel as required.
- Identify maintenance employee training requirements and ensure successful completion.
- Prepare management reporting as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Lead plant personnel in day to day activities to ensure the safe and efficient
- Managing contracts and developing new business
- Scheduling service, Repair programmed
- Finding cost-effective sources of new vehicles
- Coordinating the replacement of existing fleets
- Ensuring the security of the vehicles when not in use
- Organizing staff cover
Excellent interpersonal skills and team orientation.
- Computer literate with experience using MS Office and fleet management systems.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, team building and oral/written communication skills.